ENJOYING THE SWEET THINGS FROM ABOVE...JOIN THE JOURNEY!

Wednesday, April 1

Hobbies!

Shane has more hobbies than any human being ever has! He normally picks up a new one every month which always makes it interesting around here to see what he is up to next! My favorite hobby thus far has been "Falconry" when he decided to learn how to train birds, built a giant cage in our back yard, even found a baby hawk which sadly died after him trying to bring him back to health. Haha...he is so weird! This has been on the many great things I have learned about life from Shane...just enjoy life and live in the moment.  One of his hobbies has been his HOBIE sailboat he bought two summers ago. He loves messing with that thing and taking it out. He joined a "Hobie Fleet" that meets every now and again and sails. Here are some pictures of Shane being Shane and loving life!  I wanted to brag on one of his many weird talents he has...sailing! This is Shane's sailboat.  He is "driving" in the back and his friend, T.C., is hanging on the side.  You know you are good (apparently) when you can hang off the side.  Needless to say I have never done that yet.  This next series is Shane and T.C. sailing in from a windy day.   As you can see they flipped the boat.  Now you are thinking "Oh my goodness, are they ok?"  Yes, Shane tells me that is half the fun and it happens a lot.  Needless to say (once again) he has never flipped the boat with me on it! The Fleet last weekend Shane and T.C. which stands for Tall Chris.  As you can tell he is giant.  For those of you who don't know Shane, he is six feet tall so just picture how tall Chris is!  This past weekend was windy and cold so the boys had their wet suits on (Purchased from another hobby of scuba diving...love that boy!)
Just so you know that I to am adventuresome, here is a picture of my favorite hobby on Tuesday nights...my soccer team.  I play with some friends and teachers from my school and look forward to it every week.  This picture is from our "Championship Game" last season...we actually won.  I am the youngest by quite a bit but still love being around these ladies and getting to play something I grew up doing! Until a new hobby emerges...bye for now!

No comments: