ENJOYING THE SWEET THINGS FROM ABOVE...JOIN THE JOURNEY!

Thursday, April 30

Love Sick...

So Shane has been out of town since last week and isn't coming home until Saturday! Not only that he is at the top of a mountain and we haven't talked since last Friday due to no cell phone reception.  I am pathetic!  I would consider myself a fairly tough and independent girl BUT I HATE staying at my house by  myself.  Courtney and I grew up sharing a room and I always had roommates in college so...I'm miserable when Shane goes out of town.  He is on a boy's trip with many friends and family members in New Mexico.  They go every year with their horses and camp and ride everyday.  I would never dream of asking him not to go because I know how much he enjoys it BUT I do dread this week.  I have stayed very busy thanks to my many friends who except my wimpiness!  I have had dinner dates every night with college friends, old and new coworkers, church girlfriends, neighbors, and even some of Shane's sweet friends that call to check up on me.  I have slept around (that sounded bad!) at different friends houses and my parents'...which really has been kind of fun.  I am living out of my car.  I have come to the conclusion that if I didn't have Shane around I would be chubby (because I don't see the point of cooking if it is just me...I go out with friends), I would waste a lot of time cleaning and watching chick flicks, and would have an abnormal attachment to my dogs.  ABOVE EVERYTHING though...Shane and I are pretty good buds.  When I come home we have a routine of him tackling me on the love sack (which actually has made me mad everyday for the last two years but still happens everyday) and that poor sweet man lets me tell him all about my day.  Sometime it takes five minutes, other days it takes an hour but there has never been a day that Shane hasn't given me that wonderful gift.  That is one of my favorite things about marriage- that you have this one person in this great big world that truly cares about everything in your life.  I miss talking to him and can't wait for him to come home so I CAN SLEEP IN MY OWN BED...I am such a pansy!  He did leave me random notes all over the house which I have had a fun time finding.  My favorite was the one that he left on the inside of the coffee pot lid so when I made coffee I found it...sweet boy.  I'm off to have dinner with more friends and then head to the parentals to sleep.  Two days left...I can do it!
Who wouldn't miss that face?  

8 comments:

Lori said...

I COMPLETELY understand!! I grew up sharing a room with sisters too and it's spoiled me from ever living by myself. It's just too quiet.....

Anonymous said...

Crystal, I know EXACTLY how you feel!!! When Elliott is out of town, it's the weirdest thing ever, and trying to fall asleep in a house all by yourself is really hard when you're not used to it!! I'm glad you have friends and family that have been taking you out on dates to fill the hours after work! hope the next 2 days go by fast!

Cassie said...

I am THE SAME way. Always have been. You are SO not a pansy:) Hope the next 2 days fly by...

Unknown said...

I am the EXACT SAME way!!! I am about to go out of town for a week without Preston and I'm dreading it. I hate sleeping by myself!!! And don't even get me started on staying at the house by myself. I just won't do it. I freak myself out too often. :)

Jamie Thompson said...

I wish I would have known, Cade was out of town two days this week. We could have vegged together.

*Kendra* said...

YOu're not wimpy! I get sad every time Jeremy is gone for work and that's every 3rd night!!!! I don't sleep good when he is gone! But, glad you're having a fun week!

Haley said...

i feel the exact same way. Papa is on the same horseride

Haley said...

i feel the exact same way. My papa is on the same horse ride.