Wednesday, December 17
Traditions...
If you know me you know I ADORE Christmas time. I don't buy lots of shoes or clothes or things like that...no I save my money to buy ornaments! I love Christmas ornaments because they tell a story. Wherever Shane and I go on a trip we purchase an ornament from that place. If something significant happens in our life we buy an ornament to symbolize that. My mom buys an ornament for each one of her kiddos representing the year they have had...needless to say I love having my tree up because it is full of memories. It is traditions like this that make this time of the year so special
Since our big tree was away from our family room (and I had a gift certificate to Hobby Lobby) I got a little tree for too! It decorates our western Christmas room!
My first time to Taos with the Spencer family and this cute boy I liked named Shane in 2003!
This is from Cancun when I swam with the dolphins this summer!
I got this one in Grenada on my mission trip last year!
This is from the Muns girls trip to New York a couple of years ago!
!
This is Climbing Santa...Shane and his two brothers fought over who got to put this ornament on their tree when they were younger. Last year (so sweet!) Adam gave both the boys an ornament of their own so...I put the star on last and then Shane attaches climbing Santa to it. Our star always droops down to one side and I love it because it is in the imperfection that you find the perfection of Christmas traditions!
This was when GSP won SingSong at ACU as frogs!
Our first Christmas together as a married couple!
This is just Shane in a nut shell!
We bought this in Antiqua when Shane taught me how to scuba dive! If you have actually read this whole post about ornaments you will see two things. Number one is I DO LOVE ornaments! Number two is...when people don't have kids to take cute pictures of they take pictures of their ornaments...haha! Shane and I getting ready for two weeks full of Christmas time, hope everyone is enjoying this time as much as we are!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I LOVE your ornaments. That's a tradition I'd like to start so the kids will have trees full of meaningful ornaments. Then, I'll tell them about you and where mommy got the idea from:)-Thanks. The tree looks beautiful.
Merry Christmas Crystal. Miss you bunches.
Post a Comment