ENJOYING THE SWEET THINGS FROM ABOVE...JOIN THE JOURNEY!
Saturday, November 1
Raggedy Ann and Andy...
I have never been the biggest fan of Halloween. I LOVE to decorate anything holiday style whether it be my classroom or front door, you name it! (Shane loves that about me...haha!) But I have never really gotten into decorating for Halloween...I choose to decorate for "fall". Well all that changed when we started to go to Greenville Oaks and met the Stricklands and Mabrys. Halloween is a HUGE deal to some of our greatest friends and has rubbed off on us these past couple of years. I look forward to our Halloween party all year long and now have to wait another year for it to come back around. Dave handles the entertainment which included karaoke, washers contest, pictionary, and lots of other random things. Here are some pictures from the fun night. The first are from our pumpkin carving night earlier this week with my sister, Chay, and the Stricklands. Check out Shane's pumpkin which was of his face (it was very impressive...I had a crush on it!) I traced his face from the painting up in our house and he just carved right away. His won second behind the UNBELIEVABLE carving of our friends' mom...it was crazy the detail. Shane was sweet enough to dress up as "Andy" so we could matching this year. I bought this Raggedy Ann costume over this past summer at a garage sale. I had never tried it on until about five minutes before it was time to go and was a little shocked when I looked down and saw the length...so be prepared Raggedy Ann was a little slutty. Shane made a cute little Andy and we actually placed in the costume contest. All in all it was a great ending to a long week of parent conferences. We love our small group and the sense of community that has come from it...whether bible studies, cowboys games, or even Halloween parties...we feel lucky to have these friends in our lives. Have a blessed week!
Crystal, I was so excited to see your comment on our blog and then find out you have one! You and Shane seem like such a fun couple, it really is too bad we live so far away. Congratulations on your first house, it is beautiful!
Yay! You have a blog! I'm so excited...now I can kinda know what's going on with ya'll! We need to get together soon! We want to come visit and see your new home...it looks beautiful! Miss you guys!
After graduating from Abilene Christian University, Shane and I were married in June of 2006. I know we all think we are the luckiest girl in the world...but I really did marry a super hot, funny, man of God...great combination! We live in the Dallas area and have made great friends through our new church home, Greenville Oaks Church of Christ. We are living life to its fullest and trying to follow what the Lord is calling us to do. I am starting this so it is not so creepy when I know about others lives and they have no clue how that is...
3 comments:
Crystal, I was so excited to see your comment on our blog and then find out you have one! You and Shane seem like such a fun couple, it really is too bad we live so far away. Congratulations on your first house, it is beautiful!
ya'll look adorable, sounds like you had fun :-)
Yay! You have a blog! I'm so excited...now I can kinda know what's going on with ya'll! We need to get together soon! We want to come visit and see your new home...it looks beautiful! Miss you guys!
Post a Comment