ENJOYING THE SWEET THINGS FROM ABOVE...JOIN THE JOURNEY!

Saturday, November 15

George Bush and I are BFF's

Last weekend we were blessed to spend the weekend with Kyle (Shane's oldest brother) and his wife Shanna down in College Station. Shanna works for Aggie Football (Shanna, ask Drew if I need to get a copyright to write that in my blog!) so invited us to attend a game. Let me tell you...I now think Shanna is super cool because of all the extra stuff we were able to do. First we were able to watch the game from the sidelines. For me, who is slightly obsessed with taking pictures, this turned out to be a highlight of my day. My personal favorite event of the day was when George and I hung out. Who is George you might ask...oh that would be George Bush, one of our past presidents. He was strolling by Shanna's office on his way to watch the game when in a very non-stalkish way I chased him down to take a picture with him. Kyle was determined to let me take a picture so decided he would help me by hovering over the secret service man to try and get George's attention. For some reason the secret service man did not think that was very funny. Finally George comes over and besides looking really old, he was the nicest man! So he holds me in his arms and proceeds to tell Kyle, the picture taker, to "take his time!" That is right everybody I was officially hit on by a President and instead of being ashamed of that I am so proud of it that I am actually posting it in a blog! It made us both laugh and thus produced the worst picture of me ever taken...ask me if I care...Nope because I took my picture with George Bush. All in all we had a wonderful time with Kyle and Shanna. It is to bad we are not able to see each other more because everytime we are together we have a blast! Thanks for a great weekend guys! I love family time and am counting down the days to the holidays so we can spend more time with the Garner, Sears, Spencer and Muns families! Have a blessed weekend! -Shane and Crystal

5 comments:

Cassie said...

I have no words...that is just about the coolest thing ever. I will agree, George is looking old...but still...how many people can say they got hit on by a US President?? Something to tell the grandkids about!

Lucy said...

Very cool, Crystal. I can tell you're a little excited about it :) What a neat experience!

Shanna said...

What a fun weekend! I'm so glad you guys got to come down and have a total VIP experience! :) Can't wait to get my copy of the pics!

Unknown said...

Crys! Oh, this is so great... I get to read about your life. Totally siked about this. Your time with the president sounds fun. And... your and Shane's costumes were great. Thanks for sending the link. Love you girl!

Kyla said...

I still can't believe you got a picture with G.B. You're too funny! No, I'm going to my parents' house this weekend so I won't be at the concert. Wish I could. I STILL haven't seen one of Cary's shows yet.