ENJOYING THE SWEET THINGS FROM ABOVE...JOIN THE JOURNEY!

Sunday, June 7

Running around with our heads cut off!

Shane and I might be the most social human beings I know...it is finally catching up with me and I plan to sleep in the majority of this week. Life lately has been full of family and friends and lots of late nights finishing school. Summer is finally here and I plan on spending more time with my hubby and these great friends in the pictures!  Memorial Day Weekend we hung out by the pool with college friends...thanks for the invite Matt and Amber! We are loving concerts right now.  This is a picture from a while back when the Mabry's joined us at the House of Blues to see Jack O' Pierce.  Not only is it great music but the Pierce side of it is Shane's cousin-in-law Carey.  He is not only a great entertainer but a blast to hang out with.  We also saw the Zac Brown Band at the HOB with the Shiver's recently.  It was seriously the best display of music talent with instruments I have seen.   Cousin Carey with Micheal and Shane Last week my soccer team made it to the championship game.  We hadn't done so hot the last season in this league so were pretty pumped to have done so well.  Look at my little fan club!  No one ever comes to our games because we all hang out afterwards for so long so I was surprised to have the stands full with my family and friends.  Thanks guys...I felt special! Oh and we WON! Here are some boys cooking us some hot dogs for a church party!  Thanks guys! Oh, this is funny!  I pulled in from school the other day to find Shane and his bud Dave Strickland chilling on the front porch doing this... He was drying out his sailing ropes and discovered he could swing on them..of course...why did I not think of that?   After making fun of him for a good twenty minutes...It looked liked fun so I thought I would join in! Shane and his buds at Top Golf to celebrate Amber's birthday!  It was so good to see Jake and Emily from out of town! Oh...this is a story and a half.  When I got my wisdom teeth out my sister and I watched Ace of Cakes for hours and hours.  By the end of the day we decided making cakes was not that hard and bring creative we could do it.  While we were talking smack at our soccer game we (foolishly) volunteered to make a cake for a girl's birthday this upcoming week.  After many hours sitting in JoAnn's laughing hysterically at the fact that we had no idea how to make a cake...a night of no sleep to finish shaping cakes and rolling fondant...this was our final product.  One vanilla and one chocolate flip flop to honor Grace "Flip Flopping from 5 to 6".  It was a fun project looking back on it but I would be ok if I didn't see a cake for a while.

4 comments:

JENNY said...

WOW! I am so impressed by your cake. It looks delicious!

Kelsey @ Seattle Smith's said...

That cake is awesome!! I would have never been able to take on a task like that. People know you well and probably just assume you're creative and can figure it out :)

Lori said...

The cake looks great!I see Sharon on your blog, she's sooooo sweet :-)

Jamie Thompson said...

I'm seriously impressed with your cake skills!!