ENJOYING THE SWEET THINGS FROM ABOVE...JOIN THE JOURNEY!

Friday, May 22

We love our mommas!

We really do! We have great mommas that love us for who we are! As I write this my mom is making me peas for dinner (I had my wisdom out last night so am loving mushy foods!) She is babysitting me because Shane headed out of town for a boys hunting weekend with his family and friends. My favorite thing about my mom is her ability to put others first in every situation. My mom has loved Shane from day one and for that I am so grateful. Likewise my mother-in-law Kathy has made me feel a part of the Spencer family long before I actually became one. We are very lucky to have two great moms! Our moms are pretty cool...listen to what they wanted for mothers day...my mom wanted to take the family to Amazing Jake's for the day while Kathy wanting a hamburger cook-out in White Oak. Done!The Spencer family starts teaching them at a young age to love singing. AND YES we took our baby, the guitar, and amp all the way to White Oak for the day. This is Shane's cousin's daughter, Avery. I love her and could take pictures of those chubby cheeks all day! Hayley and Aubrey singing to their moms. Shout out to Hayley who I know reads this blog. The youngest Spencer there...and the oldest Spencer there...guitar in hand none the less! Then to Amazing Jake's. We were the oldest ones there by at least ten years. We nearly got kicked out a couple of times but none the less we had a blast. Here are the boys riding go-carts. And...for those of you who don't see me on a regular basis...here is the introduction of me in braces...again. Shane's dad and brother are orthodontist so I was suckered in to the family induction of putting everyone in braces. At first I really felt like a middle schooler and was surprised at how "not cute" I felt. I am now coming to grips with it and am thankful I am getting the opportunity to have a perfect smile. Shane keeps saying he has something important to talk to me about and then asking me to prom. He thinks it is so funny...I do not.
Now back to the picture...I does not help that my sister is rediculously tan but here I am...metal mouth! Putt putting and arcade playing They also had mini bowling...great form Courtney! And the family air hockey tournament in which the Spencer's dominated. Shane in first and me in second. Garner's should really work on that. We had a fun family weekend and a week full of date nights with friends. Two weeks left of school and then summer is here...can't wait!

1 comment:

Haley said...

thanks a lot Crystal!