ENJOYING THE SWEET THINGS FROM ABOVE...JOIN THE JOURNEY!

Saturday, September 19

Bad for me...Good for you!

Since this is happening at my house... Strep has taken over at the Spencer household!  I have been down and out since Tuesday night but Shane caught his early so we are both on the up and up!  Bad news for me BUT since laying on the couch is the only thing I have energy for...good news is that I am finally tackling uploading pictures from this summer.  We purchased a new computer and it came in this week so I put all my summer pictures from my camera (over 1500!).  I have so many wonderful memories from this blessed summer so I am just going to start with the most recent and work my way back...it might take a while!  First stop on this tour...North Carolina with these gals! Words are not going to do justice to how much I love these girls and how much fun I had this weekend.  These are my roommates from my semester when I studied at Focus on the Family in Colorado Springs in 2005.  We get together only once a year but wouldn't miss it for the world.  We couldn't be more different nor come from more different places...Chicago, North Carolina, Virginia, and me, the Texas girl!  Now you know why we only get together once a year...it is quite a task.  We only spent a semester together but because of the intensity of our time together these are my "soul sisters".  These are the girls I call when I need some truth spoken in my life, they are my accountability go-to girls, they are real, and NO ONE makes me laugh like these girls.  I already miss them so much and can't wait until next year!  We went the Easley's house in North Carolina and pretty much just sat on this back porch (how stinkin' cute is it!) and ate cupcakes, drank, laughed, cried, played lots of cards, and spit stuff out our nose (don't ask!) Then Easley decided to take us to the beach.  We get in the car and she says "It is about a three hour drive!"...SERIOUSLY...so we just talked for three hours and drove to the beach.  As we pull into the pier area (as in we can see the beach) hurricane like weather unleashes on us.  We obviously were going to make the best of it since we had driven three hours so had a picnic in the car and then ran to the beach where we proceeded to play...well some of us. Ya'll it was so cold...you can't tell their is freezing rain coming down!  If you know me, you know I don't like to be cold so didn't think it was very funny.  What you don't see is that she takes my towel and threatens to take my top if I don't get in...so eventually I did...and it was worth it! Proof of the nastiness that was a hurricane...it was beautiful though! So after our jaunt at the beach we ran back to the car (soaking wet) and proceeded to drive three hours home in our swimsuits!  Love making memories with these girls! These girls are such role models for me, I always learn so much when I am with them.  We always challenge each other and this time I left with the desire to just slow down and enjoy life.  I am still laughing at some of the events that happened while we were together...three days was way to short!  Dulce, Easley, Karen...FREEDOM!

1 comment:

Kelsey @ Seattle Smith's said...

Ahh strep .... Hope you both get better, but glad it gave you time to blog!! Looks like a fabulous trip with wonderful friends!